Monday, August 30, 2010

we're closer to the ocean than we think.

Leave it to the Veeb boys. I love it when Snax talks in his serious
voice, looking at me with his serious eyes. "Mom, we found a lobster."
A lobster?! I ran outside to see. I was expecting to see a small
crayfish, but no. I think it actually might be a baby lobster. Maybe
it escaped from the Super Store lobster tank. I don't blame him. I
went to grab my camera. Snax held up the lobster for a photo and
accidentally dropped it on the pavement. One of it's claws fell off.
Snax spoke to me again in his serious voice with his serious eyes,
"maybe we can tape it back on."

Today is just one of those days that I'm completely in love with having
two boys. I love it that they are playing out in the rain right now. I
love it that they'll come in soon and I'll throw them in the tub and
throw their clothes in the washing machine. I love it that we'll have
hot chocolate together.

The other day I was looking at some old photos of them....Snax with his
too chubby cheeks and legs and rosy red lips, Bill with his round face
and impossibly big,round eyes. It breaks my heart that those days are
over and that Bill will be starting school in a matter of weeks and Snax
and I will have one more year at home together. I'll be an empty nester
before I know it. Sometimes I just wish they were little and chubby
again, but at the same time I love the stage they are in now. Their
personalities are coming out more and more and it's so beautiful to watch.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I had my concerns when you guys moved back that Snax would not find any critters to play with. Boy, was I wrong.

James & Kim said...

I sometimes feel the same way Lisa! I can't believe our boys are starting school next week! I hope that William loves it! Tristan is a bit confused about the whole thing!
Kim

Unknown said...

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I truly enjoyed reading it, you may be a great author. I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will often come back later on. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!

- cash for junk car | junk car removal | junk car towing

esopop01 said...

Hello, I am a gaming enthusiast, recommend a good gold site, where there quickly, cheap and safe gold: RS Gold at
http://www.rsgoldfast.com/