Sunday, July 13, 2008

R4

We live in 'R4' now. It's quite different from living on Chestnut Bay and even more different than living at the M&M Hotel. There are many things that we like about it....the view for one is fantastic. We also love the dark hardwood floors. I love my kitchen. It's very spacious. The only thing it's lacking is a dishwasher. I'm the new dishwasher. (I know...I'm very spoiled.) The main difference is that we're not surrounded by our loved ones. sniff.
As you can see from the photo Bill & Jester love Ukarumpa livin'. Mud, rocks, bugs.....hissing bugs...they're in their element.
I appreciate that a treat is really a treat around here. A coke is a treat (not so at home), popcorn is a treat (not so at home), pretzels are a treat (not so at home). I like that. I've also discovered the 8th wonder of the world - the pineapples. Juicy, sweet...I've never ever had something that's tasted so wonderful. I'm not exaggerating.
As I said the view from our front window is so beautiful. We can see the horse stables which we've visited a few times now.

Life here is very laid back and very simple. It's a nice change from the ordinary....if only my heartache would subside...
I've finally updated my picasa album...check out some more photos of our new life! http://picasaweb.google.com/lisandrewvb/Ukarumpa

2 comments:

Heather said...

the joy oozing from W & J in that one picture helps take the sting away from the heartache.. at least for a minute. love to you all!

kerry said...

lisa, i still remember tasting pineapple for the first time when my family moved to tanzania when i was in grade four. it was the most, most amazing thing.