Saturday, May 05, 2007

Writer's Block

I've been struggling lately..... I've been neglecting my blog....i'm losing sleep over it.....okay, I'll admit it. I've got writer's block. I'm feeling a little pressure to put out a good post. I'm feeling pressure to be funny, witty, creative. I've discovered I've got quite a blog following out there. My mom will tell me, 'so and so LOVES reading your blog. they think you're so funny'. It's getting to me, okay? I've told myself, 'just don't try, then you'll be funny.' People are only funny if they don't know they're funny....

So I decided to talk to Bill about it. He always has some good words of advice and encouragement and besides, he's a pretty funny guy himself. This is what Bill told me, "well, a wise person once told me, 'always keep them wanting more'. Blog only when you're feeling the groove...When you can bring da funk. Quality, not quantity, capeesh? oh yeah, and just be yourself. It's who you do best."

Oh Bill, you always know what to say...wise beyond his years, isn't he?

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Don't worry, Lise, it'll come to you. And Bill's right - just be yourself. Maybe it's time for you to let go of the reins from time to time and give Bill a shot at the whole bloggin' thing. I'm sure he's got some great stories from 'Lando.

Cheryl said...

Well Lisa I have to say, i know where you're comin from. If it's not there, it's just not there. I really do enjoy reading your blog, but I am patient, and good things do come to those who wait. When you least expect it, an great blogging idea will enter your mind and usually while on the toilet or while shopping (for me anyway). Well good luck